Confluence Cloud forced to New Editor - lost "Preformatted" font and "Code" macro.

Gary Griffith January 26, 2021

Seems the "New Editor" doesn't like the simple /code macro and "Preformatted" font.

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/convert-pages-to-the-new-editor/

I tried the Code Snippets, but it adds lines into the wiki almost as one <code> block per line  - little white gaps between shaded grey lines.  Oh, and when you grab them from the wiki and drop them into vi, some if not all of the newlines go away.

And then the "Preformatted" font is not available either, so has anyone figured out a way to get some fixed width text into (and out of) a page?

Is everyone's "Code Snippet" working this way?  Just CTRL-V and then select a block of text and Ctrl-Shift-M and let me know if I'm just seeing things.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2021

Hello there @Gary Griffith

You are correct, many older component of Confluence's Legacy Editor where removed or replaced. You can check more details on this here:

I do sincerely encourage you to share your experience in either post in our Community!

The last link there should be the most interesting for you. There, we explain that you should be able to request the new editor:

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 16.57.33.png

You will need to contact your Confluence Site Administrator so a ticket can be created. When this ticket is created, our Support Team takes care of the rest.

Let us hear from you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events