Confluence Cloud New Editor

Inderpal Yadav April 11, 2022

We have requirement where we have exported the data from Confluence Data Center version to Confluence Cloud Version, import was completed with no issues, however on the pages we see the option which says "This page can be converted to the new editor", "Some page elements aren't supported in the new editor". We are able to continue our work ignoring this message. Which means we are doing edit in the legacy editor. My query is if we continue using old editor and do not convert the pages, will there be any issue in future on those pages?

1 answer

1 vote
Elizabeth Barr
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2022

Hi there, @Inderpal Yadav !

Have you taken a look at this article? https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/convert-pages-to-the-new-editor/

There's quite a lot of information here about what happens in the conversion for various page elements.

Inderpal Yadav April 11, 2022

@Elizabeth Barr  - Thanks, I saw this page already. My question is what will happen if I don't convert my imported pages to new editor, so that message just appear in bottom left of the page, can I ignore it? Because when I converted to new editor, the code of page changed lot unwanted <p> tags introduced.

Like Erik Anderson likes this
Elizabeth Barr
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2022

As the page indicates, the process and requirements for conversion are subject to change, but "you can pick and choose which pages get converted and when" for the moment.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events