Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Cloud Annual Subscription - What Happens If We Exceed User Tier?

Tanya Grinsell December 19, 2019

Hi Community! I'm trying to discovery what happens in the following conditions:

1. Confluence CLOUD annual subscription
  2. Purchased user tier is exceeded

For monthly subscriptions, Atlassian site says the credit card will automatically be charged at the next tier, but for annual subscriptions it requires a formal quote. Will the newly added person be a read-only user? Will all users be pushed to read-only until the next tier is licensed? Something else?

Thanks in advance for the assist.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2019

Hello, @Tanya Grinsell !

Interesting question you got there. For the annual subscription, we will not be able to add new users beyond the limit.  What we will see is a message stating that the limit has been reached and that we need to upgrade the license to the next user tier. In this case, the site admin would need to contact our Customer Advocates team in order to work on generating a new quote. Here is the contact form for that:

For monthly subscriptions, the pricing plan will be automatically be adjusted when the limit is exceeded. Let me explain this using a small license. We have a 10 user license. When we add the 11th user, it will jump to the next tier of paying $5 per user, and it will be included in your next payment for that specific product.

You can find more information about licensing here:

Thanks for collaborating here in our community. Looking forward to your reply!

jisun lee August 18, 2021

Hello! @Diego 

Thank you for your description! 

and I want to know if it is still valid

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events