Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Cloud - Administratively Removing Restrictions On A Page?

Dan_Nelson October 27, 2016

Confluence in Atlassian Cloud

Scenario:

A former organisation user restricts pages either through ignorance or with malicious intent.  It is my experience that my Confluence Administrator account in Cloud will not permit me to adjust the restrictions set on pages by others.

The only way to get these pages unrestricted seems to be to work with Atlassian's Support.  Is that accurate?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2016

You're correct, in that a Confluence administrator can't adjust these restrictions.

However a site administrator (i.e., an administrator who has, amongst other things, User Management privileges) can login as a specific user and make changes as them.  This includes changing space permissions or page permissions that the user has setup.

It is technically possible to remove EVERYONE'S access to a space, and in this case you'd need Atlassian support to go into the database and give one of your admins access to the space so they can set up normal permissions again.

Dan_Nelson October 28, 2016

Thanks @Rob Woodgate!  Your second paragraph about signing in as that user is precisely a piece of the process that we can take advantage of in lieu of interacting with Atlassian Support.

It is worth noting that you can't sign in as a user that you may have previously deactivated.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events