Confluence: Can not edit Excel or PPT through "Edit in Office" Option

We are using Ondemand version of Confluence. I am trying to use "Edit in Office" functionality to MS Office files. I am able to edit word files successfully. However, for Excel and PPT, nothing happens when I click on "Edit in Office" option. Please help.

Firefox latest 25.0.1
MS Office 2013
Confluence ondemand version

4 answers

Hi Amol,

I was just browsing for another related question/answer and found yours. I guess Word is explicit configured in your firefox-addon, while Excel and Powerpoint are not. Please have a look at this guide to see how you can add them as well.

Hope it helps!
Cheers

Kai

Hi Amol

I just want to add something to your Kai's answer as he mentioned good point.

Please check the "Configuration Matrix" of the office connector.

Can you reproduce this issue with MS Office 2003, 3007 or 2010 also?!

Cheers,

Saleh

0 vote
Paul Greig Atlassian Team Dec 21, 2013

Hi Amol,

Is it possible the following pop-up is hidden behind a window on your screen:

No. I am able to see this Popup when editing Word Document. The same is not coming up for Excel and Powerpoint.

Hi All

Appreciate if I can get some help on this issue. The Pop-up is not blocked. The Edit in Office option works for Word but does not work for Excel and PPT. Is there anything that I need to do in Excel/PPT? Please help.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

703 views 21 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you