Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Can access to a SVN server??

Fabio Genovese March 4, 2012

Hi to all,

there is a way, for confluence (by plugin or other way) to access a SVN repository??

thx in advice.

FABIO

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2012

Yes.

That's the short and cheeky answer - there's not really enough information in your question to tell us what you mean. I've made Confluence talk to a couple of the many repos I've got "access" to in a couple of ways, but I've no idea if anything I've got could be of any use to you. You need to expand on what you're trying to do before we can tell you much more than "yes".

Fabio Genovese March 4, 2012

ok. :)

My target is:

- read document (Word, Excel, pdf) stored in SVN repository;

- Create page on Confluence from Word document, stored in SVN repository;

Is it possible?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2012

There's two targets there.

Displaying a file from a remote source is quite easy. I've not tried it with Word docs (simply because if their content should be in Confluence, we import them and dump the document as no longer being the source), but if you try the "excel" macro, that can display bits of worksheets from remote documents. Give it a SVN URL and what you want out of it, and it will display the data for you. I think there's much the same for .pdf and I can't imagine Word readers would be difficult to implement if the existing ones don't do it.

Creating a page is a totally different story. You can easily create Confluence pages from Word docs using the importer, but it doesn't have read-from SVN because it's pointless. Let me put it this way - for any give piece of documentation, you really need an authoritative source. If that's a set of word docs in a svn repository, that's fine (and you should use answer 1 above to display info from them). If it's Confluence, then that's also fine. But you can't do both. You need to decide if the authoritative source is Confluence or SVN and work from there.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events