Confluence CLI with Confluence HTTP Authenticator in 5.1?

I'm trying to get two add-ons to play nice together:

- Confluence HTTP Authenticator (working fine for normal users and authenticating against Shibboleth)

- Confluence CLI

These worked fine together back on 4.0.3, but I just upgraded to 5.1.3, and now when I use the Space Export command, however, I get a stack trace in my atlassian-confluence.log:

java.lang.StackOverflowError
        at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.<init>(SessionImpl.java:543)
        at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.openSession(SessionFactoryImpl.java:314)
        at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.openSession(SessionFactoryImpl.java:327)
        at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.openSession(SessionFactoryImpl.java:335)
        at org.springframework.orm.hibernate.HibernateTransactionManager.doBegin(HibernateTransactionManager.java:412)
        at org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.getTransaction(AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.java:374)
        at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAspectSupport.createTransactionIfNecessary(TransactionAspectSupport.java:263)
        at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:101)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
        at sun.proxy.$Proxy43.requiresElevatedSecurityCheck(Unknown Source)
        at com.atlassian.confluence.security.seraph.ConfluenceElevatedSecurityGuard.performElevatedSecurityCheck(ConfluenceElevatedSecurityGuard.java:62)
        at com.atlassian.seraph.auth.DefaultAuthenticator.getUserFromBasicAuthentication(DefaultAuthenticator.java:507)
        at shibauth.confluence.authentication.shibboleth.RemoteUserAuthenticator.login(RemoteUserAuthenticator.java:699)
        at com.atlassian.seraph.auth.DefaultAuthenticator.getUserFromBasicAuthentication(DefaultAuthenticator.java:525)
        at shibauth.confluence.authentication.shibboleth.RemoteUserAuthenticator.login(RemoteUserAuthenticator.java:699)
        at com.atlassian.seraph.auth.DefaultAuthenticator.getUserFromBasicAuthentication(DefaultAuthenticator.java:525)
[...more of the same...]

The client gets a 500 error back.

Any hints as how to get these two to play nice?

1 answer

We've created a bug report regarding the information provided here and from the add-on developers report:

https://github.com/chauth/confluence_http_authenticator/issues/9

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-32580

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Thursday in Confluence

What are your project planning tips?

Hello Community,  Jessica here from the Confluence product marketing team! Today I wanted to get your takes on project planning –– what works, what doesn’t, how do you know if you’re doing it r...

168 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you