Confluence Blueprint: Suppress Creation of Space Shortcuts (in left hand Navigation/Sidebar)

Gavin Fowler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2013

Using the excellent Atlassian Blueprint tutorials (beginner, intermediate, advanced), I've created a few blueprints. With one blueprint, I'd like to suppress the default blueprint action that creates a "Space Shortcut" (in the lefthand navigation/sidebar) on page creation (my page is an alternative/replacement for Atlassian's "Default [Blank] Page"). Obviously having a space shortcut (in the sidebar) make no sense for a "default" page as a high percentage of pages will be created from it (the space shortcut in the sidebar will return nearly all pages in the space).

Using the file naming from the tutorials, I think the Space Shortcut may be controlled / managed via atlassian-plugin.xml but I'm not sure which of the three component modules (content-template, blueprint, web-item) is responsible.

Can any shed some light on how to approach this?

Many thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Gavin Fowler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2013

to give the question context (the real issue i'm facing), I've added some details (in another question) here

EDIT - this question has been answered (follow the link above), the answer was a resounding "no" you can't without custome coding.

vsoued May 14, 2014

Hello. The link to the answer is broken. Could you please provide it to me?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events