Confluence Automation Send notification when a page hasn't been viewed for X days/months

franklin_orellana_arriola February 2, 2023

Hi,

I am looking to automate some of our page hygiene by setting up an automation that notifies a specific individual/group when pages in their space have not been viewed for X amount of days/months. 

I have not been able to find a smart value for page date last viewed and have tried to include {{page.dateLastViewed}} under an if statement with no luck.

Has anyone been able to create an automation for this?

Thank you!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2023

Confluence doesn't have a smart value for last viewed currently, it only has it for first published and last updated. You could use the Give feedback under the Help section in Confluence to suggest that they add smart values for last viewed.

Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 10.54.26 AM.png

franklin_orellana_arriola February 3, 2023

Thank you for the response. I will provide that feedback :) 

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2023

Use the Better Content Archiving for Confluence Cloud app for this!

Steps:

1. Set up a content status scheme and apply it to any space, which says that a page turns into "not viewed" status 200 days after its last view:
    content-status-scheme.png
  2. Set up a notification that runs daily and emails the list of the pages in that status to those people who are owning those:
    notification-scheme.png

As you see from the shots, the details of the status is configurable (name, color, icon, CQL condition), the details of the notification is configurable (schedule, CQL filter, subject, body, recipients, etc.)

All in all it is a super-flexible solution for any sort of Confluence notifications where the built-in notifications are not powerful enough. Discl. this app is developed and supported by my team.

0 votes
Adrian Hülsmann - B1NARY
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 19, 2023

Hi @franklin_orellana_arriola

Confluence automation is a starting point, but you will soon hit limits regarding content lifecycle management.

For instance, it is beneficial to have ownership and dedicated views for showing pages to review or archive as well as analytics on your review process and overall content quality.

For this reason, you might look at Breeze, available via the Atlassian Marketplace.

It is far beyond the scope of Confluence automation and automatically identifies outdated pages and implements review and archiving workflows for keeping your pages up-to-date.

3.gif

Breeze is a feature-packed content lifecycle management solution and includes

• automated content analyses,
  • page review and archiving workflows,
  • page and space ownership,
  • reports and notifications,
  • bulk archiving and deletion,
  • analytics,
  • data export for all your content, ownership, and status information
  • and more to update outdated pages quickly and enhance collaboration.

👉 Give it a try, or feel free to schedule an appointment with me for a personal demo.

Cheers and all the best, Adrian from B1NARY (we are the developers of Breeze)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events