Confluence: Anonymous Access setting vs Anonymous Group setting?

HungD November 18, 2013

I think the question is clear in the attachment. Is there any difference if I choose to setup the Anonymous Access using the Group permission over the setting of Anonymous Access at the bottom?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David Maye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2013

The permissions under Anonymous Access is the real permission set that anonymous users will be affected by. The group 'anonymous' is a group created by an admin on your instance and doesn't reflect the real permission set for Anonymous users to the site. I don't see why a group was created for anonymous users in the first place (since they have to register to be part of a group and at that point are no longer anonymous).

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Setting+Up+Public+Access

HungD November 19, 2013

I thought Anonymous Group is one of the default group created by system like confluence-users

0 votes
David Maye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2013

No, the 'anonymous group' is not a default group in Confluence. You can't assign anonymous users to a group, since only registered users can be assigned a group.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events