Confluence Active Directory User Change password

So we are trying Confluence in our firm. We have just started the trial period and it looks promising. However, we are having issues with our Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 Active Directory integration to Confluence. 

We are hosting Confluence + Questions + Polls on the DC as well. 

When a user wants to change their password the following error appears:

"Sorry, but your password could not be changed. Please try again, and contact your administrator if the problem persists."

1. The User Directory Setting is: Windows Active Directory + Read/Write
  2. AD runs a certificate service and I have created a root certificate signed and imported with JDK keytool. %JAVA_HOME% is also configured correctly.
  3. Uses SSL port 636 - this was also tested with ldp.exe in AD Role tools. 
  4. SSL was also tested with the Confluence test and everything was "success"
  5. I have created a confluence user in AD for the LDAP connection. The ADS has delegated the appropiate permissions to this user. Aka. reseting and chaning passwords, read user information and managing user accounts.

What am I missing, why can a user not change their password ? 

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Davin Studer Community Champion Oct 20, 2014

You may have it set to read+write, but does the service account actually have write permissions?

Thank you for your interest in this problem. As said, all "write" permission I have given for that user is: I have created a confluence user in AD for the LDAP connection. The ADS has delegated the appropiate permissions to this user. Aka. reseting and chaning passwords, read user information and managing user accounts. Is there any other writing that I need to enable ?

Davin Studer Community Champion Oct 20, 2014

Sorry. I missed point 5.

No problem, Davin, I had hoped that I missed something :(

This widget could not be displayed.

@Bjoern Schwabe, did you find a solution for your problem? I'm looking at the same thing right now, the only difference is that we use Windows Server 2012R2.

I also have the same problem. Any resolution yet?

Hi

I am in the same situation. 

I was able to edit attribute from jira (ex: change name, group,etc) but not for the password ?

Any resolution ?

Same answer - does the Confluence user have full read/write in the directory?

Yes. I succeed to edit some attribute except the password 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

300 views 2 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you