Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Active Directory User Change password

Bjoern Schwabe October 18, 2014

So we are trying Confluence in our firm. We have just started the trial period and it looks promising. However, we are having issues with our Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 Active Directory integration to Confluence. 

We are hosting Confluence + Questions + Polls on the DC as well. 

When a user wants to change their password the following error appears:

"Sorry, but your password could not be changed. Please try again, and contact your administrator if the problem persists."

1. The User Directory Setting is: Windows Active Directory + Read/Write
  2. AD runs a certificate service and I have created a root certificate signed and imported with JDK keytool. %JAVA_HOME% is also configured correctly.
  3. Uses SSL port 636 - this was also tested with ldp.exe in AD Role tools. 
  4. SSL was also tested with the Confluence test and everything was "success"
  5. I have created a confluence user in AD for the LDAP connection. The ADS has delegated the appropiate permissions to this user. Aka. reseting and chaning passwords, read user information and managing user accounts.

What am I missing, why can a user not change their password ? 

2 answers

0 votes
Joseph December 19, 2016

@Bjoern Schwabe, did you find a solution for your problem? I'm looking at the same thing right now, the only difference is that we use Windows Server 2012R2.

Reatha Ek January 15, 2017

I also have the same problem. Any resolution yet?

Salvatore Manganella May 8, 2018

Hi

I am in the same situation. 

I was able to edit attribute from jira (ex: change name, group,etc) but not for the password ?

Any resolution ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2018

Same answer - does the Confluence user have full read/write in the directory?

Salvatore Manganella May 8, 2018

Yes. I succeed to edit some attribute except the password 

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2014

You may have it set to read+write, but does the service account actually have write permissions?

Bjoern Schwabe October 20, 2014

Thank you for your interest in this problem. As said, all "write" permission I have given for that user is: I have created a confluence user in AD for the LDAP connection. The ADS has delegated the appropiate permissions to this user. Aka. reseting and chaning passwords, read user information and managing user accounts. Is there any other writing that I need to enable ?

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2014

Sorry. I missed point 5.

Bjoern Schwabe October 20, 2014

No problem, Davin, I had hoped that I missed something :(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events