Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence AD groups not all syncing

Josh Eckblad October 27, 2020

We have a situation where we are creating a new AD groups for Confluence access for the first time in several years and the new groups are not coming over unless the users also have the "legacy" group.

For example, User A has had Confluence access for several years and is part of the "legacy" group. We can add User A to the "new" groups just fine, the groups show up under this user in Confluence as expected. We can also view the groups in the Confluence Admin side and those users show up in them as expected.

User B is a new user who is not a part of the "legacy" group. This user is a part of the "new" AD groups just like user A, but User B never shows up in the user list or group list after sync.

It looks like there is some issue between the "legacy" group and these new groups but we can't figure out what the difference is.

I've looked at licensing and we have plenty of licenses for these new users. I've also looked at the global permissions to ensure that all of these new groups have the "can use" box checked. Everything looks as expected in these areas.

Is there something that we're missing?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Yevgen Lasman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2020

If you are using LDAP connector you may want to check User Object Filter" and "Group Object Filter" settings of the connector, to make sure that new groups are picked up as the part of the synchronization. Additional check up on base/users/group DN is also recommended.

Josh Eckblad November 3, 2020

I had our infrastructure team dig into this a little more. Your solution was correct. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events