• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Confluence 7.11.1 Fails to Start Due to READ-COMMITTED error

My Docker instance of Confluence 7.11.1 has failed to start correctly with the following error:

MySQL session isolation level 'REPEATABLE-READ' is no longer supported. Session isolation level must be 'READ-COMMITTED'. See http://confluence.atlassian.com/x/GAtmDg

I have checked the appropriate kb at https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/confluence-fails-to-start-and-throws-mysql-session-isolation-level-repeatable-read-is-no-longer-supported-error-241568536.html

Both my.cnf and the confluence.cfg.xml were already set for the isolation level to be READ-COMMITTED.

I updated the JDBC string to include the sessionVariables parameter and restarted the instance.

The error still occurs - the strange thing is that nothing has changed since yesterday, when it was working fine.

Has anyone else experienced this?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

@Milan Chheda _INFOSYSTA_Thanks for your reply - I had added that setting in my.cfg.

I discovered the issue - I had changed the file permissions on the my.cfg such that it couldn't be read by MySQL when starting up.

Strangely even having the setting in confluence.cfg.xml or adding the change to the JDBC didn't overrule the my.cfg.

Great to hear that the issue has been resolved. Did you found out how the permissions changed suddenly?

confluence.cfg.xml can't override MySQL configuration file (my.cnf). So, you will have to update it manually, followed by restart of the respective services.

Just to confirm you added below line in my.cnf, followed by restarting the MySQL service.

[mysqld]
transaction-isolation=READ-COMMITTED

And restart Confluence after updating confluence.cfg.xml.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

Introducing Confluence Cloud for Microsoft Teams (Available for Preview!)

Hi Atlassian Community, Remote work has shifted how teams collaborate, and we’ve heard from many of you that Microsoft Teams has become mission critical to many of your workflows, from how you chat...

2,541 views 21 21
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you