Confluence 7.1 Won't Start after Importing Site Space

Steven Dollar December 2, 2019

To upgrade my Confluence I created a new Windows 2019 server and installed Confluence 7.1. During the install Confluence, offered to import my one Site Space (my current database is 5.6.6), which I did. New Confluence won't start and throws this error:

Cause

org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException: Invocation of method 'isShowSignUp' in class com.atlassian.confluence.user.actions.LoginAction threw exception java.lang.NullPointerException: Application cannot be null at /login.vm[line 6, column 28]
    at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTMethod.handleInvocationException(ASTMethod.java:342)

caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Application cannot be null
    at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkNotNull(Preconditions.java:895)

I tried running the SQL commands shown on this knowledge base article, but they don't work either.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/confluence-returns-system-error-due-to-invocation-of-method-isshowsignup-in-class-com-atlassian-confluence-user-actions-loginaction-threw-exception-java-lang-nullpointerexception-at-login-vm-693899125.html

Any ideas on how I can get my new Confluence 7.1 site to open up with my site space?

Thanks

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events