Confluence 6 won't start editor

ANUDINA August 4, 2017

A system error has occurred — our apologi

The SystemInformationService could not be retrieved due to the following error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Spring Application context has not been set

Cause

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.atlassian.confluence.setup.actions.SetupPathsAction.execute(SetupPathsAction.java:41)

Stack Trace:[hide]

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.atlassian.confluence.setup.actions.SetupPathsAction.execute(SetupPathsAction.java:41)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:168)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor.java:35)
	e.CancellingInterceptor.intercept(CancellingInterceptor.java:21)

3 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2017
0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2017

What do you mean "Confljuence won't start editor?" 

The SystemInformationService could not be retrieved due to the following error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Spring Application context has not been set

That is one of the most basic errors in the application. You haven't set up the file system, permissions, or the database correctly and the application is failing to even start up. You should make sure you're following the instructions carefully.

It could be something else but USUALLY this is because of a system-level issue.

ANUDINA August 5, 2017

Hi Steve,

Thanks for reply. I did not follow you,. I have done similar installtion for JIRA and Bitbucket they worked correctly. But confluence was crating the tables when first time it goes for setup. It some more time hence I refreshed the screen. And I am seeing the error above. What is the next step? I should follow?

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 5, 2017

Please post the entire contents of catalina.out and atlassian-confluence.log.

These are located in /opt/atlassian/confluence/logs/ and /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/logs/ if you used the default paths.

0 votes
ANUDINA August 4, 2017

I was trying to install it went for long when I refresh again I got this erro. I even recreated the DB by dropping it. I uninstalled and reinstalled the confluence in my linux box. But still no luck. What I should be doing properly in order to install?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events