Confluence 6 - Make sidebar always visible in default theme

Alexis Michaelides April 21, 2017

How can I get the sidebar to be always visible/available in a space? Currently with Confluence 6, it seems the sidebar is only available in the space's home page. Any other page within a space does not display the sidebar.

This is a bit weird, as the whole idea of the sidebar is to give users easy-to-access shortcuts at all times. What's the point of that if they have to go to the space home page first? 

I'm looking to replicate functionality similar to the old "Documentation" theme - I have already added a page tree macro in my sidebar and that's working fine, if only it were visible in all pages of the space!

I'm using the default theme. Also tried creating a new space to see if perhaps this was only an issue with spaces that were migrated from the Documentation theme to the new global one during our upgrade to 6, but that didn't work either.

2 answers

0 votes
Kazuki Matsuda October 31, 2018

+1. 

I want to see sidebar in editor mode.

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2017

On my Confluence 6.x test instance the sidebar appears on every page in every space. I am using the default theme, too.

By trying on a newly created space, you eliminated space level Look and Feel customizations.

Please check the global level customizations under Confluence Admin>Look and Feel and see if there is anything other than default stylesheets, HTML, Sidebar, header and footer etc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events