Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence 5 editor slow to render?

Eric Koepfle August 13, 2013

Hello,

While I evaluate upgrading our 3.5 to 5.1, I have noticed the new editor takes forever to ~render. I turned off all the user plugins, and it still sometimes takes 10 seconds to configure itself and fill the frame.

Is there some secret to getting this to work more quickly? I have been profiling the javascript, and there doesn't seem to be a smoking gun. Everything loads from the server quickly, and then it just hangs/churns/ with a half rendered editor for several seconds.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2013

Hey guys,

I heard some users having the same problem, and they were able to fix it, by upgrading to the latest version available that is 5.2.3, maybe you guys would like to give it a try.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

WZ

Eric Koepfle August 14, 2013

thanks, i am trying that...

https://support.atlassian.com/browse/CSP-107586

:(

Eric Koepfle August 19, 2013

Once I got through most of my upgrade issues, it does seem to help

0 votes
Rainer Pöhlmann August 13, 2013

Just to confirm this behaviour:

I updated 5.1.3 to 5.1.5 (because of the Confluence security advisory) last night. Now user are complaing about "empty" editor page.

In fact, it sometimes takes up to 15 sec. for the editor to render and finally display the content. This behaviour is independant from the amount of data existing on the page. It also happens on pages just containing a single line of text.

Any confirmation/comment/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events