cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence 5.7 Significantly Slower?

RobertH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2015

We updated to Confluence 5.7 this past weekend.  I've copied over the configuration files, am utilizing the bundled Java version, and the server is running significantly slowed.  Well... exponentially.  

Is anyone else experiencing this?  I'm running on 

• Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.5

• java version "1.7.0_15"

• -Xms10240m -Xmx10240m -XX:MaxPermSize=2048m

• XX:+UseG1GC 

• Caching was not changed and I verified all of my previous settings are in tact.  

Some images from monitoring that supports this slowdown:  (Can anyone guess which day I upgraded?)
Screen Shot 2015-04-10 at 9.08.18 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-04-10 at 9.07.45 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-04-10 at 9.08.46 AM.png
As always any information is greatly appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
Jacob Feisley April 10, 2015

@Robert Heckel We have been experiencing similar issues on our Confluence 5.7.1 instance as well. The notable difference is ours performs well for a few days (anywhere as short as 1 to as long as 3 from our recent records) and then begins to slow abruptly. A reboot of the instance immediately results in improved performance which will again last for a few days. Our throughput per NewRelic is averaging 40rpm over the last 7 days and goes as high as 150 during higher usage times. Our JAVA settings are: -Xms5120m -Xmx5120m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -XX:+UseG1GC

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events