Confluence 5.6: Hide Page Information under Tools

R Donato
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2015

Hello,

I'd like to hide the Page Information option under Tools from Anonymous users. Does anyone know how to do that?

Thanks!

3 answers

0 votes
Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2015

Hi,

In that case then you just need to find the ID of the specific item in the tools menu you want to hide.

Example:

AJS.toInit(function(){
        if (AJS.params.remoteUser == ''){
                       //attachments link
            AJS.$('#view-attachments-link').hide();
                      //page history link
           AJS.$('#action-view-history-link').hide();
                       etc..
        }
 });

If you are using chrome, just highlight the link, right click and select "Inspect Element" to find the ID of that specific link. When you have the ID just add it to the list of things being hidden inside the if statement above.

0 votes
R Donato
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 9, 2015

Thanks for the quick response. I actually found those two pages during my initial search for an answer. But I am specifically looking to hide Page Information. I don't want to hide the Tools menu entirely since it contains options that I want anonymous users to have access to. I'm wondering if there is a way to hide options within the Tools menu.

0 votes
Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 9, 2015

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events