Confluence 5.5.4 disappeared from Downloads?

Davet August 14, 2014

Please do not tell me that there has been a major bug found with 5.5.4 and it has been reverted to 5.5.3 two weeks after putting it into production :((

Hopefully this is just a download website snaffoo?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2014

Hi Davet,

Bad news for you. Take a look at

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+5.5.4+Release+Notes

Confluence 5.5.4 introduced an issue that may impact some third party plugins and is no longer available for download. You can find out more about the issue here CONF-34595 OPEN .

If you are currently running Confluence 5.5.4 and your plugins are all working as expected, you are not affected by this bug and can continue to use Confluence 5.5.4.

If you are on Confluence 5.5.4 and are experiencing issues with your plugins, please contact Support.

Davet August 14, 2014

Fair dinkum...it is not like Atlassian dont have the resources to test before releasing. They are becoming more like Microsoft every day i.e. quality is not permitted to diminish profits :(

It may be my luck day because i think I fit into the second category

If you are currently running Confluence 5.5.4 and your plugins are all working as expected, you are not affected by this bug and can continue to use Confluence 5.5.4

Phew!! It has been running like a dream without a single glitch

That little paragraph was definitely not there when I read it thoroughly before testing and installing.

Reminder to self - DO NOT UPGRADE TOO SOON (this is not the first time this has happened)

Thanks for the swift and correct reply Bhushan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events