cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence 5.4 - Login session or cookie changes

B_ Normann P_ Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2013

We have just upgraded to Confluence 5.4 from 5.2.5

This is pretty standard and the upgrade went without unexpected issues.

When people hit the Dashboard, I have this code to redirect Anonymous users:

<!-- Redirect Anonymous users -->

$helper.renderConfluenceMacro("{hide-if:match=all|group=confluence-users}{redirect:SUPPORT:Support|1}{hide-if}")

wich has been working for 1,5-2 years - but since the 5.4 upgrade; this triggers (more or less random) for logged in users also.

The users is logged in (can se the picture in the right upper corner), but when clicking the logo pointing to https://docs.netic.dk/ - I see the Dashboard and redirect message - but now the picture in the upper right corner is replaced with the "Log In" text - as if the user was not logged in.

If the user go to Space Directory, or close the browser and start it again, things seems to work - until the user is logged out and logs in again.

On time I have seen my own picture replaced by another users picture in the upper right corner, just for a split second.

Anyone with similar issue?

1 answer

0 votes
Normann P_ Nielsen _Netic_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2013

Well, this has been pinned down to a cache issue and discussed with Atlassian are - this is from Atlassian Support:

I dont think we will find the error, but creating fresh configs etc in the StingRay Traffic Manager solved the issue for us. We are sure the Traffic Manager did not change config, and problems started instantly after upgrading confluence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events