Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence 5.4.4 - installPluginInternal Failed to remove local OBR repository

Rajeev Kapur May 20, 2014

Hello,

An odd one, trying to install the Confluence Questions add-on onto the test instance and it the hangs. The last error in the logs is

[UpmAsynchronousTaskManager:thread-1] [upm.core.install.ObrPluginInstallHandler] installPluginInternal Failed to remove local OBR repository resources

If I restart confluence it faills to respond.

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2014

Hello Rajeev,

From my investigation, I could find that this issue may be caused because the database max packet size in MySQL is set to a low value. Is this the database that you are using?

If yes, I recommend to perform the following:

Set the MySQL packet size to a larger value (34M is the biggest known Confluence add-on - Gliffy) and restart MySQL Server. If you find this isn't large enough based on the size mentioned in the log, then you can set it larger than 34M, but 34M should be large enough to cover most cases.

shell> mysqld --max_allowed_packet=34M

Alternatively, you can do this on your MySQL server's settings by editing MySQL's my.cnf file (often named my.ini on Windows operating systems). Locate the [mysqld]section in the file, and add/modify the following parameters:

[mysqld]
max_allowed_packet = 34M

(i) Remember to restart MySQL services in order for the changes above to take effect. For more information, please refer to MySQL manual: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/packet-too-large.html.

This information was taken from this KB.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Hi Ridrigo,

Thanks for the quick response, we are using Microsoft SQL 2008 R2.

Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2014

Hi Rajeev,

Thanks for clarifying.

This might be a problem with the UPM as well. I could find a bug report with a similar behavior: https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/UPM-1068

I recommend to upgrade the UPM to the latest version available since it could help fixing some bugs on the go.

Is the SQL server using the recommended settings such as the collation (SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CS_AS) and READ_COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT as stated in the documentation? If this problem happens in staging but not in production using the same confluence version, UPM version, then probably there is some misconfiguration in the database.

I hope this helps.

Rodrigo

The fix was to update the UPM to the latest version. Thank you for your help.

Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
May 20, 2014

Perfect! Thanks sharing the results here :)

I'm sure this will help many others with the same issue.

Edit: I've created this KB. :)

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Failed+to+install+plugin+due+to+Failed+to+install+OBR+jar+artifact+error+message

Cheers,

Rodrigo

0 votes

Fixed by updating the latest version of the UPM. Thank you for the help.

0 votes

Logs are a restart are attached, at this point confluence does not load. I have to follow https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Removing+Malfunctioning+Add-onsto remove the questions add on.

0 votes
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2014

Hey Rajeev,

Could you upload the <Confluence Home>\logs\atlassian-confluence.log after the restart?

Thanks and Regards,
David|Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events