Confluence 5.4.4 - ContentByLabel - Page timeout - Dispaly Excerpts

Rajeev Kapur May 22, 2014

Hello,

Confluence 5.4.4 - MS SQl 2008 R2.

After upgrading to 5.4.4 a page which uses the contentByLabel macro with "Dispalay Excerpts"enabled fails to load, with a XHML timeout error (timeout after 120 seconds). It would appear around 900 pages are being returned. In version 5.1.5 the page loaded with the excerpts displayed, has some thing the new search impacted performance.

4 answers

0 votes
sniadeks December 4, 2014

I have the same issue. This is killing performance!

0 votes
Timo Dreier September 23, 2014

We have the same problem after we upgraded to 5.4.4. If we enabled the "Display excerpt" option it is very, very slow. But in my opinition, it is no solution to increase the page timeout value. Can you please explain us, how the display excerpt option is working? If every page should be parsed to fetch the excerpts, this could be a performance killer.

Thx a lot and best regards,
Timo 

0 votes
stephan.hezel September 17, 2014

We do also have serious problems caused by the chances in 5.4.4 and now some pages are even not available anymore. When will there be a solution?

0 votes
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2014

Hey rajeev,

Could you try below steps:

1. Go to Confluence Admin > Security Configuration.
  2. Click Edit.
  3. Increase the page timeout from 120 to 200.
  4. Hit Save.
  5. Clear Confluence Plugin Cache.

Since there are a lot of labels returning I believe confluence is taking more than 120 second to get the results so let me know if the above work around do the trick for this miss behaviour.

Thanks and Regards,
David|Confluence Support Engineer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events