Confluence 5.4.4 - ContentByLabel - Page timeout - Dispaly Excerpts

Hello,

Confluence 5.4.4 - MS SQl 2008 R2.

After upgrading to 5.4.4 a page which uses the contentByLabel macro with "Dispalay Excerpts"enabled fails to load, with a XHML timeout error (timeout after 120 seconds). It would appear around 900 pages are being returned. In version 5.1.5 the page loaded with the excerpts displayed, has some thing the new search impacted performance.

4 answers

Hey rajeev,

Could you try below steps:

1. Go to Confluence Admin > Security Configuration.
  2. Click Edit.
  3. Increase the page timeout from 120 to 200.
  4. Hit Save.
  5. Clear Confluence Plugin Cache.

Since there are a lot of labels returning I believe confluence is taking more than 120 second to get the results so let me know if the above work around do the trick for this miss behaviour.

Thanks and Regards,
David|Confluence Support Engineer

We do also have serious problems caused by the chances in 5.4.4 and now some pages are even not available anymore. When will there be a solution?

We have the same problem after we upgraded to 5.4.4. If we enabled the "Display excerpt" option it is very, very slow. But in my opinition, it is no solution to increase the page timeout value. Can you please explain us, how the display excerpt option is working? If every page should be parsed to fetch the excerpts, this could be a performance killer.

Thx a lot and best regards,
Timo 

I have the same issue. This is killing performance!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,099 views 17 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you