Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence 5.4.3 adding comments to pages

Ryan March 13, 2014

Is anyone having issues adding comments to pages in Confluence? We use IE 8, which I know sucks, but is by the unfortunate company policy. We also use Google Chrome.

I am experiencing issues in both browsers. In Chrome, we do not see the add comment button at the bottom of the page, and cannot click in the comment box to type anything. In IE, we see the add comment button, but cannot type in the editor once it comes up in the comment area.

I have tried downloading the current version of Firefox, but it too has issues. I have tried disabling our plugins, with no luck in fixing. I have put Confluence into safe mode, and that does not fix it.

I have full administrator rights, and am having the issue along with all other users. I can however type (m), and we get the comment editor in the comment area. Unfortunately, we cannot type in that editor though. So I click save, which opens another editor screen because it cannot save an empty comment. In this secondary editor screen, we can type our comments and post them. This is a huge hassle. We were able to do this prior to upgrading to 5.4.3.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ryan March 24, 2014

So we fixed the encoding of the database, etc. Right off that did not fix our commenting issue. Then we looked at the plugins again. I disabled all of them again, and that did not fix it. I proceeded to uninstall each one by one, and I found a plugin that was causing this issue. Obviously, disabling them did not help it or we were a victim of caching. Thanks for everyone's help on this.

0 votes
Ryan March 19, 2014

We think this is related to the encoding. Database is set to latin1.

0 votes
Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2014

Is your IE running in compatibility mode?

Which theme are you using?

Ryan March 13, 2014

IE is not running in compatibility mode. Please note that I have tried this in Google Chrome and Firefox as well.

We are using the default theme.

Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2014

Ok, next question...

Do you have any web application firewalls or similar security features in use? Do you have some 40x codes on some of your requests? Use Chrome and view the network traffic to figure this out.

0 votes
Chung Park Chan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2014

Do you have any custom layout, html or stylesheet changes? They might have triggered such problem.

Ryan March 13, 2014

There are not any custom layout, html or stylesheet changes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events