Confluence 5.2.4 brief Appearance

Davet September 12, 2013

Yesterday Confluence 5.2.4 was available for download.

Today it is not? https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/download

Withdrawn or perhaps a groundhog day?

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
João Sena Ribeiro September 12, 2013

It's because of a security issue:

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2013

Wow... that's a pretty serious issue.

1 vote
Brian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2013

As Joao mentioned, we discovered a critical bug in Confluence 5.2.4 related to page restrictions. Due to this bug, Confluence 5.2.4 is no longer available for download. You can find more information about this in the knowledge base article Joao linked to.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2013

I think I've seen this before, when a version contained a (security?) flaw that was spotted very shortly after release.

If it's a moderately serious fault and your download logs say only a handful of people have downloaded the release, it's probably better and easier to pull the release instead of leave people with it and have to rush a patch.

I am completely guessing what Atlassian might have done here, but I know a couple of development organisations have done that, including one I worked for at the time. Also, if you have highly automated release processes, you can find trigger-happy people release things a little too early (yes, "continuous deployment", I am looking at you...)

0 votes
Kelly M. McDaniel September 12, 2013

A detailed description of this bug, please?

0 votes
Davet September 12, 2013

Thanks guys - an explanatory splash on the download page would save a lot of searching

Looking on the bright side - it does make my inadequate testing look more robust ;)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events