Confluence 5.0.3 Remove Site Logo from Dashboard Landing Page

Hi

I've just upgraded my production environment to confluence version 5.0.3 where I have one small anomaly. I can't recall how to remove the site logo from the dashboard landing page (I've managed to perform this on my test environment?).

This is not to be confused with the site logo that appear in the top navigation bar (which is present on all pages), I'm referring to the site logo that also appears on the dashboard landing page (i.e. immediately below the persistent top navigation bar, to the left of the dashboard title "Dashboard"). To be absolutely clear, this is in-line with the right hand buttons "invite user" & "create space".

Would be most grateful can someone point me to in the right direction. I'll try to upload a screenshot if that helps.

Gavin.

3 answers

1 accepted

Hi Gavin,

Thank you very much for bringing this issue to our attention. We proceed to create this bug report regarding this issue:

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Image indicating the logo I'd like to remove (looks odd having two logo's in close proximity)

Hi Gavin,

I have checked with the default dashboard layout and it seems that by default Confluence is not suppose to show two logo on the dashboard.

Please double check if there are any dashboard customization on your end to remove the mentioned logo.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Hi Septa

Many thanks for the feedback.

I've checked our installation and there aren't any dashboard customisations in my production instance? It didn't occur to me that my "test" confluence instance has been upgraded 5.1.0 (with production only on 5.0.3). Can the rouge logo I'm seeing on the dashboard be a nuance only seen in version 5.0.3? Would you know what velocity template (or similar) i can compare between the two versions to establish whether this is the case?

thanks!

Gavin.

Just to close this question. It appears that when you change the theme (admin/look and feel/ theme) from "default" to "documentation" the site logo appears and when you switch back to "default" theme the site logo goes away. I've checked in the "documentation" theme's "configure theme" settings and there's no mention of enabling / disabling site logo.

I'm guessing this is a "feature" of the "documentation" theme. I'll raise a support ticket with Atlassian to see whether this behaviour is intended.

EDIT. I see this behavior in confluence 5.0.3 and 5.1

Gavin.

Hi Gavin,

Looking at your ticket now.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Confluence

Three common content challenges + how to manage them

An efficient enterprise content management system, or ECM, is a must-have for companies that create work online (cough   cough, all companies). If content calendars, marketing plans, and bu...

73 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you