Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence 4 EAP, how to repair broken tables?

David Yu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2011

How's everyone like the new tables in Confluence 4 EAP? I've been playing around with it but haven't found a way to repair broken imported tables.

For example, if a table is missing a cell:

| A | B | C

| 1 | 2 | |

I can't seem to find a way to split a cell to fill in the missing cell.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2011

I see – thanks David. This isn't a fix but you can always just remove the broken columns and insert new ones. I understand that's not ideal though. I'll be sure to pass this feedback along to our Dev Team. Sorry I don;t have a solution for you right now :)

0 votes
Ta Minh Thuy April 7, 2020

Hi there,

I'm using Conf 6.15.9 and having this issue. Are there any solution for this issue in this higher version?

Thank you!

0 votes
Pierre van Wyk June 13, 2013

A quick workaround for single tables: I found that if you Cut/Paste the table from Confluence to Word and then Cut/Paste it back that the missing cells will be filled in.

Still looking for a better solution...

0 votes
Matt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2011

Can you please post a screenshot so I can visualize what you are asking?

David Yu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2011

Certainly (I wish there was a way to upload images here)

So here's an example of a broken table as one might see in Confluence 3.X, which occurs pretty frequently especially when new users start editing tables.

When imported into Confluence 4, I don't seem to have a way to repair this by filling in the missing cell.s

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events