Confluence 4.2.8 and MS SQL 2012

Roshan Jhunja May 6, 2014

I have little flexibility in upgrading my existing 4.2.8 instance to Microsoft SQL Server 2012. I notice that SQL12 didn't join the 'supported platforms' list until well after confluence version 5.0.

Are things going to break? I'll have to test regardless but am interested in whether certification for MSSQL 12 was simply a formality of testing, or if there were some architectural changes required.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2014

Hi Roshan,

In addition to Tiago's answer, since we didn't test all features of confluence with the new database on that version, things may or may not break. We have seen cases where customers used newer databases with older versions of confluence, however we do not advise that, since it may break confluence and if some bug related to that database is found, it's not going to be fixed on a unsupported database for that version.

I recommend to stick with the supported software for specific confluence versions.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

1 vote
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2014

Hi Roshan, it's not listed as a supported platform because we haven't exhaustively tested Confluence with this version of SQL server. Although, you may be interested to know that newer versions of Confluence support SQL server 2012 as you can see here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-26369

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events