Confluence 3.5 - stop links pointing back to the old space after moving pages?

Deleted user February 12, 2013

I'm reasonably sure I asked this before, but a search doesn't return an answer.

If people foolishly used wiki markup to create a new page in space Alpha by typing brackets, like this:

• [Page title]

when the page and all its children are moved to space Beta, Confluence "helpfully" updates all links so they point back to the original space, like so:

• [alpha:Page title]

This is causing me a LOT of grief because I'm moving many pages. Endless, endless broken links. :(

Questions:

1. Is there any way to switch that off? (I vaguely recall this behaviour is the way it is meant to work. Please tell me it's not true!)

2. Is there any way to find all the borked links in a space?

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
BernardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2013

Hello there,

According to this problem I think it'd be necessary to share with is the conflunce log in order to have a better view of this probem, I mean to create a support ticket if is the case.

First, I believe this document may help you on this issue as we can see here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF34/Rebuilding+the+Ancestor+Table

Also, you might try rebuild index from scratch:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF35/Rebuild+the+Content+Indices+from+scratch

Hope it helps.

Deleted user February 13, 2013

Thanks for the tips, Bernardo. I'll ask for the reindexing to be done overnight and let you know if it helped or not.

Deleted user March 5, 2013

Thank you very much, Bernardo. It took awhile to get the indexes rebuilt (it took over 4 and a half hours so it had to be done during a quiet period, and our support person very kindly logged in over the weekend and did it in her spare time).

I am delighted to report that rebuilding the index fixed the problem. Hooray!

0 votes
Deleted user February 26, 2013

I think this must have been a bug that they fixed in 4.0 https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-22498

which leaves me out in the cold, because I'm using 3.5. And given the loss of wiki markup, likely to remain on it until kangaroos learn to fly.

UPDATE: My mistake. This is a DIFFERENT annoying problem that happens when you move pages.

0 votes
Deleted user February 20, 2013

I've run some tests and find this is still broken.

1. Before rebuilding the ancestor table, I created a parent page with two children (sibling) pages.
  2. Moved them to another space.
  3. One child page has correct links (pointing to the current space with no space key defined)
  4. Second child page has INCORRECT links (pointing back to the originating space).

Rebuilt the ancestor table and got the same results.

I've now asked for the administrator to re-index Confluence overnight when it won't interfere with users. Will update when I get a chance to run the tests again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events