Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence 3.5 - Plugin upload hangs on "Uploading...please wait"

Dan Machovec August 16, 2011

Dashboard > Administration > Plugins

I click on upload plugin and choose browse. I select the downloaded .jar file (which is only 38kb) and click the upload button. The system hangs on Uploading and never comes to a finish.

Has anyone seen this before?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
J Madra August 17, 2011

We had a similar issue - with us being unable to install or manage *any* plugin. For us, the issue was related to our base URL in Confluence. Once we corrected that, everything was fine.

Dan Machovec August 17, 2011

I think this must be the case. I currently have Confluence running on another server that is using port 80 for IIS. We are publishing Confluence on port 8080. I have plans to break the font end off to another server, and I will modify the port back to the standard http one at that time. Thanks!

Arunkumar Perumal October 6, 2014

thanks, I've got the same issue & after changing my base URL it works like a charm

1 vote
Jim Bethancourt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2011

I have experienced similar symptoms where it takes a while to load. I recall that after a page refresh I was able to see the uploaded plugin listed on the list of Installed plugins.

HTH,

Jim

Dan Machovec August 17, 2011

I just gave that a try, but alas no change. The system still shows no installed User plugins. I wonder if I will have to open a ticket.

0 votes
Jim Bethancourt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2011

If you're developing a custom plugin, another option might be to deploy using the Atlassian PDK by using the atlassian-pdk:install Maven plugin goal, the atlas-install-plugin.bat / atlas-install-plugin.sh or the AMPS plugin

I've used both the plugin installation goal and the command line too before with success.

Jim

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events