Configure PDF export as secured

Investigating a requirement to have certain Confluence users PDF exports created as Secure / locked pdf format. (no copy or print)

Have not seen this in documentation or as a application enhancement.

Has anyone had success/experience in this regard?

1 answer

0 votes
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Jan 22, 2018

Hi David,

This sounds like a great opportunity for an add-on vendor as I was not able to find anything in the Atlassian Marketplace that fits your use case. There are a lot of PDF export plugins but I did not find one for securing exported files.

I created a suggestion ticket for the Atlassian dev team: As an administrator I would like more control over export permissions My vision is that the export permission could be updated to restrict page exports or force them to be secure on a permissions basis, so you could limit the ability of specific users to copy or print exported content.

I look forward to any input from the Community on how you can secure the exports in the current version of Confluence.

Thanks,

Ann

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Thursday in Confluence

What are your project planning tips?

Hello Community,  Jessica here from the Confluence product marketing team! Today I wanted to get your takes on project planning –– what works, what doesn’t, how do you know if you’re doing it r...

139 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you