Configure HTML export from Confluence

Peter Francis July 31, 2014

I need to export a large number of pages from our Confluence wiki to HTML.

I've tried the Export to HTML option and this works fine .

I've even edited the Page Export Layout footer to add the company name etc.

My problem is I want to remove the 'Created by' and 'Last Modified' just below the page title.

Does anyone have any suggestions ?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Yagnesh Bhat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2014

Hi Peter,

If you are planning to import the exported pages to some other space, try changing it in the database straightaway after you import the html pages to that space. I think the CONTENT table has columns called CREATOR and LASTMODDATE, which you can set it to whatever you like (make it empty in your case) .

Even if you dont plan to import those pages to another space, you can still create a temporary space first, then do the database update like mentioned above and then export the pages back. Later on, you can delete the temporaray space if you want.

0 votes
Peter Francis August 6, 2014

Thanks for the suggestion Yagnesh.

I couldn't find a way of doing what I wanted using the page templates in Confluence. I generated the HTML pages and then went through them in Notepad++ and manually removed the text I didn't want, not the best way to do it but it worked (and I must say the HTML is nicely formatted which made it easy)

If I have to do this on a regular basis I will probably write a PowerShell script to add/remove sections of the pages.

I know the templates are produced using Velocity but its a little complex for the occasional user to hack , maybe a simpler method of controlling the output format would be a good idea.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events