I want to install and configure Confluence automatically. I managed to do the installation part but now I'm at the web wizard.
Can Confluence be configurated without the wizard?
I found where the license is stored but it's not the raw license that is stored so I don't know how to generate the config file from the license. Furthermore, the web wizard initialises the data folder. So if I just copy a config file from a previous install, I fear that Confluence may be in an inconsistent state.
I wonder if there is a way to configure Confluence from the command line with the required data.
I'd like to avoid a script that simulates the navigation in the wizard and could break with new releases of Confluence.
"I wonder if there is a way to configure Confluence from the command line with the required data."
Yes, I usually install Confluence by just using the Terminal.
1) Download the standalone tar.gz file (or the Zip);
2) Unizp it and place the install folder in a proper place. On Linux a good place for it is /opt
3) Inside the install folder, change the conf/server.xml file if you want to change Tomcat and Application ports (default is 8000 and 8090);
4) Change the <Confluence-Install-Folder>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties, adding the path for the home folder. On Linux, we usually pick /var. e.g. /var/confluence
5) Go to <Confluence-Install-Folder>/bin and run ./start-confluence.sh. If you are on Windows, start the start-confluence.bin.
You can Install Confluence via the Atlassian installer. This is the easiest method of installing Confluence.
You can Download the Confluence 'Windows installer'(.exe) file from the Confluence Download page.
You can know more about Installing via installer with this Documentation .
I hope it helps you.
This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.Read more
Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs