Confiforms - "Required" field is no more required if "Set Field Label" action is used on it.

davin April 22, 2021

Hello,

Just faced this peculiar problem. Might be something I've done wrong or might be a glitch.

I have a field that I marked as "Required". I also added two "Confiforms Rules for Definition" macro for that field to "Set Field Label" to something specific depending on another field's input.

When I use the form, the field label updates correctly according to the input of the other field but the field is no longer marked as required (No red asterisk beside it). The field is technically still required as you cannot submit the form without filling it. But it is impossible for an user to identify which field is "Required" because the error message on the top uses the original field name, asking for it to be filled in order to submit the form but because I've set the field labels different for different inputs, they are neither the same name as the error message, nor have the asterisk mark beside them.

Is there a way to resolve this?

2 answers

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2021

Hi

It seems it is loosing the "required" attributed after this rule is applied on a compulsory field.

We will get this fixed asap

Alex

davin April 25, 2021

Sure. Thanks!

0 votes
davin April 22, 2021

@Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ would appreciate your expertise.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events