Confiforms empty lists

Normann P_ Nielsen _Netic_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2017

I am testing Confiforms, and I can easily enter "books" smile

But list- and tableviews are just emtpy, it seems I cant make list:

Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 13.37.56.png

as seen in readmode, there are 8 rows:

Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 13.38.59.png

7 answers

2 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2017

So looking at your screenshots the issue is that you did not put any field macros inside the tableview or listview macros. The reason for this is that you can define which fields will be shown in the view macros and which won't. Also with the list view macro you can define formatting as well. So, it should look something like this ...

image2017-3-28 8_26_6.pngWith the tableview macro lines break don't make any difference. They do, however, in the listview macro as it retains the formatting that you put in that macro. The last macro I put in the table view macro above puts an edit button onto each row of the table that will allow you to edit the field. It's handy at times.

Have you tried looking at some of their examples on their documentation site? It will give you some good ideas. Also, while you can put the registration control outside the form macro in a typical scenario you would put it into the form macro for a couple of reasons. The first is that you don't have to specify which form to use in the form attribute on the registration control if it is inside the form macro. And secondly it will bind that registration control macro as  the default view of the form. Which comes in handy if you like to build your forms yourself using field macros instead of relying on Confiforms to lay the form out for you.

https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Tutorials

B_ Normann P_ Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 28, 2017

Awesome, I knew i scr*wed up smile Thanks

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 29, 2017

It's a bit of a learning curve, but honestly ConfiForms is by far the most useful add-on we have ever purchased for our Confluence environment.

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 28, 2017

Ok. I tried clicking them like a ton of times, but now it seems to work. Odd!

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 28, 2017

Hmm, clicking them doesn't enlarge them.

0 votes
B_ Normann P_ Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 27, 2017

Davin - click'ing on the screenshots should enlarge them?

BR,

Normann

0 votes
B_ Normann P_ Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 27, 2017

Thomas, thanks for the advise, but it was intentionally placed here in the user2user community.

BR,

Normann

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 27, 2017

It's hard to see what you are doing from the screenshots. They are pretty low quality. Could you re-upload the screenshots?

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2017

Hi Normann,

maybe it would be better to ask the vendor of the plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.vertuna.confluence.plugins.confiforms/server/support

Good Luck

Thomas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events