Confiforms - Trying to initiate a Rest GET/POST to confiforms but account may be locked

Jeremiah Watkins January 2, 2023

This question is a bit convoluted so please bear with me.

We have a Confluence site and we have a couple of service accounts (we'll call them "account1" and "account2") we use to automate updating Confiforms forms. Basically one system uses account1 and another system uses account2, both for updating various Confiforms forms on the Confluence site.

I've been working on a script to automate posting certain info to a specific Confiforms form and I've been using account1 as authentication when testing my script. The script gets/posts info to the forms via a Rest method. It was working fine for a while then without my knowledge someone messed up changing the password for account1, at which point my script of course stopped working.

They've since corrected the account1 password and I've gotten the new one, but the script is still failing--I tried it with account2 and it works (both accounts were changed to the same password at the same time). I know the account1 password is correct, because we use that account for other things and those are all working.

The accounts authenticate via another auth provider and I know account1 isn't locked out there because, again, it's working for other processes we use it for (they stopped working initially when the other guy messed up the password, but it's working again now that he fixed it). I can also log into the auth provider with the username/password.

Does Confluence/confiforms "lock out" or block accounts after a number of failed connection attempts? If so, how would I reset/unlock it so I can resume using account1? Otherwise, if anyone has any other ideas as to what could be going wrong I'm open to them.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeremiah Watkins January 4, 2023

Another team member mentioned that sometimes Confluence requires these accounts to enter a CAPTCHA upon login--I tried logging into Confluence with the account and it prompted a CAPTCHA. After entering it, I got in and the script started working again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events