Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confiforms - Sum task effort in a summary page

François-Xavier Collet February 15, 2019

I probably missed something big,... but I'm not able to find a way to sum Confiforms field in a summary page.

I have Confiform "Task" form containing records. One of the "Task" field is "Effort" and another one is Project page ID "ParentProject".

On the Project page, I have table vew showing all the tasks of the project filtered by "ParentProject". --> This works well unsing a Confiforms TableView.

On this same page I would like to have a project overview showing the total effort of all the tasks linked to the project.

Can someone help me with this? 

If I use a ValueView, I can list all the efforts linked to the project filtered by "ParentProject"(something like "2 4 7 1") but can't sum those value.

Any input welcome.

Thanks

Xavier

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2019

With ConfiForms ValueView you can use the expression inside the field name and that is done the same way as you will do it in a TableViewMerger fields

Some field:([entry._here_field_name_to_sum_])

I'm not able to get the sum out of the ValueView...

ValueViewDefinition.PNGI got this result... Which is the different effort for each tasks. total should be 10...ValueViewResult.PNG

Regards

Xavier

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2019

Do you want the sum of 1+2+3+4 or the count?

for sum

Tasks sum:([entry.TskOnSiteEffort])

for count

[count]

or

Count:([count])

Almost there...

If I use:

sum:([entry.TskOnSiteEffort]), I get no value

If I use

sum:(TskOnSiteEffort) I got a value but the sum is a little strange...

If I have 2 tasks, it sum all the task 2 times... Task 1 (effort 1), Task 2 (effort 2) result is 6

If I have 3 task, it sum all the task 3 times... Task 1 (effort 1), Task 2 (effort 2),Task 3 (effort 3) result is 18

Total on-site effort:
<ac:structured-macro ac:name="confiform-value" ac:schema-version="1" ac:macro-id="6036a2ea-310f-477f-991e-dd6d1a29581a">
<ac:parameter ac:name="filter">TskParentPrj.PrjPage.id:509455602</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">TskOnSiteEffort</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="pageTitle">
<ac:link>
<ri:page ri:content-title="CFTask" />
</ac:link>
</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="formName">CFTask</ac:parameter>
</ac:structured-macro>
should be = to
<ac:structured-macro ac:name="confiform-value" ac:schema-version="1" ac:macro-id="7a1b8601-dbef-4dfe-9dcf-bb23ec590fbf">
<ac:parameter ac:name="filter">TskParentPrj.PrjPage.id:509455602</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">Sum:(TskOnSiteEffort)</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="pageTitle">
<ac:link>
<ri:page ri:content-title="CFTask" />
</ac:link>
</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="formName">CFTask</ac:parameter>

With this code I get the bellow results...

Effort.PNG

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2019

Quick test (form and value views)

<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="6ae76d77-d3c0-44a5-be03-15b573abb374" ac:name="confiform" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="formName">f</ac:parameter>
<ac:rich-text-body>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="5d98717b-0049-45c5-bb25-698297711242" ac:name="confiform-entry-register" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="atlassian-macro-output-type">INLINE</ac:parameter>
<p>
<br/>
</p>
</ac:rich-text-body>
<p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="12d99662-7fb5-45f7-96c0-9b3547608b3c" ac:name="confiform-field-definition" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">n</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldLabel">n</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="type">number</ac:parameter>
</p>
<p>
<br/>
</p>
<p>All</p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="e79853af-bb1b-4223-9c80-17274e305976" ac:name="confiform-table" ac:schema-version="1">
<p>
<br/>
</p>
<p>
<br/>
</p>
<p>Sum</p>
<p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="fc8a9f62-8b91-47f3-8d34-d0a12a887043" ac:name="confiform-value" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">sum:([entry.n])</ac:parameter>
</p>
<p>count</p>
<p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="f0fe510a-afa9-4284-9dea-c9cb7440a642" ac:name="confiform-value" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">sum:([count])</ac:parameter>
</p>

Works very well for me. 

What ConfiForms version are you using? 

Using ConfiForms (version: 2.0.18)

I will create a new form to test on something simpler...

I'll let you know if I have the same issue.

Many thanks for your support

Xavier

It works...

My mistake, the ValueView was in a ListView... moved it outside and now the [entry.TskOnSiteEffort] is recognized and the sum work just fine!

Many thanks

Xavier

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2019

It might be also possible to have it inside the ListView, but you need to handle the "double evaluation" of the expressions

So instead of 

[entry.TskOnSiteEffort]

you will need to do something like

[entry._func.asEntryRef(entry.TskOnSiteEffort)]

So the ListView evaluates it to "[entry.TskOnSiteEffort]" which is then used by ValueView 

See more about virtual functions in ConfiForms here: https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Virtual+functions

François-Xavier Collet February 18, 2019

This work fine, many thanks.
I have one final problem now (I hope it's the final one... ;o)).
I use an ifttt marco to create a page (which should contain the ValueView fields).
In my ifttt macro i have this...

IFTTT marco page create.PNG
But when I execute the macro, I "lose" the entry fields name.

Result in the created page.PNG
Expected result (which is Ok if I create the page manually)

Expected page created result.PNG
Is there anything in the ifttt syntax I should add to preserve the expression value?
Thanks
Xavier

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2019

You need to use the asEntryRef function, as I have mentioned in my comment on Friday

The problem is - when you create a page with IFTTT macro then the expressions get evaluated agains the current record's values

And you need to handle this yourself or create the template and include it in a raw format, without evaluation of the expressions: https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Using+Confluence+templates+with+ConfiForms+and+avoid+configuration+duplication

François-Xavier Collet February 19, 2019

Hi Alex,

Still working on this test configuration,... but have now another problem (linked with the rawtemplate usage).

I have 2 forms, one "CFProject" form (which create a project page) and a "CFTask" which also create a Task page (but the pages are not the problem).

The "CFProject" form has a field "PrjPage" which store the project page id.
The "CFTask" form has a field "TskParentPrj" which is a Smart Dropdown which I use to store a ref to the parent project.

On the project page I have a "CFTask" registration macro which pass to the new "CFTask.TskParentPrj" value = "CFProject.id" to the new task.
This work just fine!
The "CFTask" registration button was initally created by a IFTTT macro which pass the "CFProject.id".

But now I'm using a rawtemplate to create the Project page,... this doesn't work anymore.

My question is then how (if possible) to get the CFProject.id and pass it to the new task...

In the Task registration, I can use [entry._page.parent.id] which gives me the "PrjPage.id" from the "CFProject" form, but from this point I'm not able to get the corresponding "CFProject.id" that the Smart Dropdown is expecting.

Any magical trick to get this to work (not sure my explainatio nis very clear)?
Many thanks
Regards
Xavier

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2019

When you use rawtemplate then the expressions you have inside the template are not evaluated

That is by design

If you need to evaluate the parameters inside the template then include it as a normal template, and if you need to have the parameters for some of the parts of your page then use "asEntryRef" function

[entry._func.asEntryRef(entry.TskOnSiteEffort)]

This allows you to "workaround" the evaluation of parameters when page gets created and such expressions become

[entry.TskOnSiteEffort]

on a created page

François-Xavier Collet February 21, 2019

Ok ... now I understand asEntryRef ...

The use of rawtemplate was the lazy approach (in my case).

I will have to update all my template, but so far it seems to work Ok... using a "none raw" template and the asEntryRef for most of the fields...

Confiforms logics is new to me... But I think I start to get it! ;o)

Many thanks

Xavier

François-Xavier Collet February 21, 2019

Hi Alex,

I think I will need your support one more time...

All the above work well now.

I have another step I would like to implement in my test configuration.

As I explain, I now have project and Task working well.

My intent is to create an similar form for standard project.

Let say they are StdProject and StdTask.

When I create a new project I can select in a list of stdProject what StdProject I would like to use as "template".

When I create the new Project, I have created a ifttt macro (in the project form) which copy all StdTask linked to the selected StdProject to the new Project... 

I have a problem here to copy the stdTask and update it's ParentProject to link it to the new project...

I'm not able to get a ref to the new created project.

Let me know if it's clear or if you need more information to understand what I try to do.

Regards

Xavier

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2019

Sorry, really hard to follow. Could you send a support request via https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/VERTUNA/Support+Request+Form, so we can communicate a bit more frequent and exchange the storage formats

Thanks

Alex

François-Xavier Collet February 22, 2019

Yes I know hard to explain too...

I will open a support case with more information.

Thanks

Xavier

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events