Confiforms - Accessing version / modification date info in uploaded files

Gerald MURIEL April 18, 2016

I'm using Confiforms macros to create forms where users can input information, including uploading files.

This works well, with the file being stored as an attachment on the page holding the form "database".

However, I would like to add a field to the database to access info from these files (e.g. date created), or info from their URLs (e.g. Version number / Modification Date ).

How can this be achieved?

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2016

And update to this question: 

Now it is possible to access attachement metadata of the file stored through ConfiForms, https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Virtual+functions

basically, you can access any property of the Attachment object, https://docs.atlassian.com/confluence/5.9.1/com/atlassian/confluence/pages/Attachment.html

and also you can get the base64 encoded contents of the attachment (caution: can be memory consuming for large files)

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2016

Hi @Chris Jones

I think I am the right person to help you with this.

As I understand you want to show some metadata for stored files (with ConfiForms) and show it on some page, correct?

Version number is stored together with the file handler in ConfiForms, that should be OK to get, and you want a "file modification date", right?

PS, Feel free to contact us directly vertuna(at)vertuna.com or through the contact form on our wiki.vertuna.com website

Best Regards

Sash

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events