Confiforms - Accessing version / modification date info in uploaded files

I'm using Confiforms macros to create forms where users can input information, including uploading files.

This works well, with the file being stored as an attachment on the page holding the form "database".

However, I would like to add a field to the database to access info from these files (e.g. date created), or info from their URLs (e.g. Version number / Modification Date ).

How can this be achieved?

Thanks.

2 answers

Hi @Chris Jones

I think I am the right person to help you with this.

As I understand you want to show some metadata for stored files (with ConfiForms) and show it on some page, correct?

Version number is stored together with the file handler in ConfiForms, that should be OK to get, and you want a "file modification date", right?

PS, Feel free to contact us directly vertuna(at)vertuna.com or through the contact form on our wiki.vertuna.com website

Best Regards

Sash

And update to this question: 

Now it is possible to access attachement metadata of the file stored through ConfiForms, https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Virtual+functions

basically, you can access any property of the Attachment object, https://docs.atlassian.com/confluence/5.9.1/com/atlassian/confluence/pages/Attachment.html

and also you can get the base64 encoded contents of the attachment (caution: can be memory consuming for large files)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,149 views 20 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you