Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confiforms: 1. Upon selection of an 'Option' in a [Radio group], 2.Show/Hide [Checkbox group-Field1]

Prakash Shete June 11, 2021

Hi, First post, be gentle. Trying to find solution to a specific problem. Avoid pasting url search query pointing to 100 show-hide forum pages - I am coming here after reading 100 show/hide pages.

I am building Two fields (field1, field2) using Confiforms functionality.

Field1 is a confiform [Radio group] with Options - (Director names) 1,2,3,4.

Field2 is a confiform [Check box group] with Options a,b,c (lets say, these are jira project names that owned by the Directors in Field1.)

My goal - How can I get Confiforms configured. So that -

Step 1 <Selection of Director Name 1> then <show jira spaces owned by Director 1, which is  the Field2 = Check box group>

Step 2 <Selection of Director Name 2> then <hide Field 2, results from above Step 1> Then <show jira spaces owned by Director 2, which could be a separate Field3 = Check box group - just like Field 2>

I have tried all options (youtube, this forum,wiki.vertuna) could not get anything to work (yet).

Please help.

2 answers

1 vote
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2021

Hi

What essentially you are asking is not show/hide the fields, but filtering in our out the choices based on the selection made in another field

The process you describe in step 2 introduces field3 though... so, this is starting to be confusing

The question is - do you want to show field2 when some director is selected in field1 and hide it and show field3 when another director is selected (and then you introduce field4 and field 5 and so on to cover all the directors!?)?

Or do you want to have all the choices defined in field2 and you just filter them based on the selection made in the field1?

Alex

Prakash Shete June 12, 2021

Thank you @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_  for your response. I dont have a preference, and will accept any solution.

You have nailed my problem. I will go with your recommendation. 

Can you please share how we can achieve both (as separate implementation off course, only if they are feasible)

Path 1- I want to show field2 when some director is selected in field1 and hide it and show field3 when another director is selected (and then you introduce field4 and field 5 and so on to cover all the directors!?)?

Path 2 - I want to have all the choices defined in field2 and you just filter them based on the selection made in the field1?

Thank you in advance. 

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2021

Hi

We have lots of tutorials on both subjects on our wiki, strange to hear you have not found anything... but here is a screencast / demo that demonstrates 2 forms that implement your "path 1" and "path 2"

http://recordit.co/URtg5ipFk7 

Hope it helps

Alex

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 15, 2021

This sounds to me like a good case for a smart classifier. You would create a form with a mapping between directors and projects. This form is only used to create the director to project mapping and will be used as the source for the smart classifier. Like this ...

* Director * Project *
| Joe | Stuff |
----------------------
| Joe | Things |
----------------------
| Jane | Foo |
----------------------
| Jane | Bar |
----------------------

Then in your main form you are building create a smart classifier field that pulls its data from the above form. You will then select in the setup of the smart classifier field your two fields from the mapping form. This will make it such that when you select Joe as the director a second field will appear with options to select Stuff or Things. And if you change the director field to Jane then the second field will populate with Foo or Bar. Is that what you are looking for?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 15, 2021

Yes! This could be as easy as that (to use the  smart classifier field). Thanks for sharing @Davin Studer 

Unless they want to select multiple options/choices for the "Field2"

Like Davin Studer likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events