Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confiform intake receiving ${iftttResult_JIRAID} back from JIRA

Gabe Belknap April 7, 2021

Hi All, 

I have built a number of confiform intake pages that connect to JIRA to create a Key, and then mail the user a confirmation that includes that key.

For some reason, sporadically,  rather than getting a Key back, we get ${iftttResult_JIRAID} and of course a Jira Key is not created. The form emails the user back saying it was a success, but it wasn't. 

When we submit the exact same request the next time, we get a valid Key.

Is there a rule or something that I can add into my page to ensure a valid Key is returned before it finishes off the process and emails the requester etc.

Thanks in advance.

Gabe

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2021

Most probably your users who submit the form have no permissions to create Jira issue (integration goes through application link)

Alex

Hi Alex, thanks for the quick response.

JIRA has been setup to allow anonymous create.  It also works for the same user when they try again a few mins later with the exact same details as the original request.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2021

ok, this is getting more interesting

have you set your IFTTT which attempts to create an issue in Jira to not report the errors (parameter)?

Alex

HI Alex, here are the screen shots..that way you can see it all.

Capture.JPGIFTTT.JPG

Hey Alex

So for the fun of it, I logged out of confluence and was able to submit without issue, anonymously. 

When I unchecked Do not report errror, confluence wouldn't complete and I was provided the error message "No permissions to save/update current record". 

I then logged in and was able to submit without issue.

I am not sure if that helps at all, but it seems weird I could complete the process with the Do not report error checked but not when unchecked.

I just noticed that it actually created the JIRA for those instances where I received the No Permissions error, however it did not send me any email advising of the submission.

I am so confused....   lol

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2021

You need to set "Bypass field restrictions and record ownership" option

This is because you are attempting to update ConfiForms record with IFTTT rule and your anonymous users dont really own any records (anonymous users cannot edit records, as they dont own a record to own)

That makes complete sense. Do I leave Do not report error as checked?

Thanks so much Alex

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2021

I don’t think it’s a good idea to set this option and silently ignore the errors...

and then spend hours trying to understand what is going on. Unless you don’t care if the IFTTT was successfully executed or not and just want to make sure the process doesn’t stop on error 

LOL...  Good point. 

Let me make both changes and advise back. 

Thanks again

Gabe Belknap April 8, 2021

Hey Alex

I made the changes this morning and things are looking much better now, thank you .

A couple of folks did get an error today, starting with "Unexpected error while saving the record.....

Could this simply be a result of a connection between Confluence and JIRA being interrupted?  

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2021

ConfiForms intentionally does not report error details to non administrators and the actual problem is logged in the Confluence server logs.

Feel free to open a support ticket with us and share the logs there, privately

Alex

Gabe Belknap April 13, 2021

Hey Alex

Updating those check boxes has fixed most of the issues, although I have found a new one.

On my intake I have textarea's and have found that if the user has a new line created in that text area the intake errors out.   If no new lines, it submits fine.

Are you aware of any way of updating the confiform part of the field to remove any new lines, etc. before the intake attempts to create a JIRA?

Thanks

Gabe Belknap April 13, 2021

Never mind  ...i forgot the escapeJSON

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events