Confiform Linking multiple issues

Brian Karst January 28, 2021

Is it possible to link more than one issue? I have a request that wants a created issue to be linked as a child of two different issues. I got a message saying that only one was allowed. Is there a way to accomplish this? @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ 

2 answers

1 vote
Darin February 14, 2023

Yeah, even if you try to add more issues to the call, it will only link the last one in your list of issues to link.

With confiforms, I added the first link during the onCreated event in the 'IFTTT Integration Rules' macro.

With the result of the created Issue added to [entry.JIRAKey], I reference that in a subsequent 'IFTTT Integration Rules' macro that runs during the onCreated event, and updates that new Jira issue with my second link.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2023

That is a smart way of doing this! Thanks for sharing @Darin 

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2021

Hi

Not really a super pro in Jira REST APIs, but according to this https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-use-rest-api-to-add-issue-links-in-jira-issues-939932271.html you shall be able to do it

As the "issuelinks" element expects an array

"issuelinks":[
         {
            "add":{
               "type":{
                  "name":"Blocks",
                  "inward":"is blocked by",
                  "outward":"blocks"
               },
               "outwardIssue":{
                  "key":"TEST-1"
               }
            }
         }
      ]

so, logically it should be able to take multiple instructions / links

Alex

Brian Karst January 28, 2021

I thought so too! The best I could do that hasn't given me a syntax error is this message

Capture.PNG

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2021

Oh, that's unfortunate. Well, if Jira says so then it seems that you will need to have just more calls (to Jira) and cannot do it in one go

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2023

Yes, this is a limitation of Jira REST API, see this bug https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-66329

@Darin @Brian Karst 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events