ConfiForms Lookup and Set Jira Issue data difficulties

Brian Karst August 11, 2020

@Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ 

I am using the Field Definition rules to lookup and set Jira issue data and am having some trouble with a few fields and virtual functions.

1. Cascading Select Field - I can get it to pull the parent or the child value using .value or .child.value but is there a way to pull and set both values at once like in Jira? e.g. Parent - Child

2. Linked Issues - No matter what I put in, I can't seem to get anything useful

.value gets nothing

.key gets nothing

.name gets nothing

.id gets a number that I don't recognize

.type pulls up a REST code for issuelinks that includes another ID number I don't recognize, (likely associated with the linked issue)

I was hoping to set the key, or title of the linked issue, perhaps even the relationship. Would a transform virtual function help here?

3. Date Fields - Obviously it pulls the date in .jiraDate format. I have tried .formatDate .convertDate and .friendlyDate all with multiple formats (MMM dd, yyyy) (MMM/dd/yyyy) etc. and none function. Nothing gets pulled into the field, do these not work in this instance?

4. Label Manager Fields - I am trying to add some spacing or something to separate the values that it pulls. .join works on multi selects but not Label Managers

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brian Karst August 31, 2020

@Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ 

Not sure if you saw this or not, older question of mine. I am working on pulling all of the Jira fields of an issue into a Confiform and having trouble with some fields. After I get the pull working I am going to start trying to tackle updating the Jira issue via the form if you have any insight on how I should set that up

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2020

Honestly, this sounds like you want to use ConfiForms as a UI to your Jira issue... which it is not. ConfiForms is not a UI for your Jira.

To answer your question you need to provide the details of the JSON structure you have from Jira. And what fields in particular you want to "extract". Only this way it could be constructive.

For date fields you need to use parseDate function with "yyyy-MM-dd" format, as per Jira spec, to get the value from Jira into ConfiForms

Hard to advise anything else on other fields, without knowing the structures you are extracting them from

Like Rajesh Viswanathan likes this
Brian Karst August 31, 2020

That is an excellent way of putting it. I am essentially attempting to do that (at the request of coworkers) because people don't like going back and forth between Wiki and Jira. I am going to use your opening statement as part of my argument the next time we discuss it. 

Sorry Wiki= Confluence at least to everyone outside my organization

Like # people like this
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2020

I believe the best option is to have a link to jump to a related Jira issue. And that should be the use case. Not a synchronization between ConfiForms and Jira issue :-)

Like Rajesh Viswanathan likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events