ConfiForms Dynamically creating fields/ Creating prompt for user created list

Jan November 29, 2022

I was wondering if it possible for the user to create a field while filling out a form?

The reason I want this is because I am trying to prompt the user to add any links they may have to the form. I know how to add a single link but I can't figure out how to get the user to create an entry with multiple links.

I was thinking something along the lines of using an action button as an "Add Link" button where when the user clicks it creates a field that would allow them to keep adding as many links as they can.

If that's not possible then having a user defined variable that could store the links as the user adds them. 

Any suggestion on how to go about accomplishing something like this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2022

Hi @Jan and welcome to this Community

Each field in ConfiForms must have a Field Definition, so for each "link" you need to have a field defined

Also, ConfiForms has a Smart multi-row field that might be something you can use to fulfil your requirements

Alex

Jan November 29, 2022

That is exactly what I was looking for!

Thank you and thanks for the quick response. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events