ConfiForms Dynamically creating fields/ Creating prompt for user created list

Jan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 29, 2022

I was wondering if it possible for the user to create a field while filling out a form?

The reason I want this is because I am trying to prompt the user to add any links they may have to the form. I know how to add a single link but I can't figure out how to get the user to create an entry with multiple links.

I was thinking something along the lines of using an action button as an "Add Link" button where when the user clicks it creates a field that would allow them to keep adding as many links as they can.

If that's not possible then having a user defined variable that could store the links as the user adds them. 

Any suggestion on how to go about accomplishing something like this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2022

Hi @Jan and welcome to this Community

Each field in ConfiForms must have a Field Definition, so for each "link" you need to have a field defined

Also, ConfiForms has a Smart multi-row field that might be something you can use to fulfil your requirements

Alex

Jan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 29, 2022

That is exactly what I was looking for!

Thank you and thanks for the quick response. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events