Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparison between download version of confluence and web version

Lori Mathews June 25, 2014

How much more robust is the download version compared to the web version of Confluence? Can we host it so it is on the web?

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2014

Yes, that is true. OnDemand is limited in what you can add to it in terms of addons (you are only allowed to add the ones Atlassian have stated they can support the use of), and you cannot change the code either.

If you download it, you can apply any plugins you feel you need, and customise the code if you have to (with the caveat that you have to keep part of the footer intact, and your changes won't be supported if you have problems with them).

0 votes
Lori Mathews June 25, 2014

Let me clarify. I know I have been told for a few items that I cannot customize items on the web that I could customize on a downloaded version. I need it to be a bit more customizable than it doesn't quite meet all our needs. Some of it has to do with the team calendars which is a huge item to us.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2014

Depends on what you mean by "robust"?

I'm assuming by "the web version", you mean "hosted by Atlassian OnDemand" - that's essentially the same software, with some quite minor tweaks made to enable Atlassian to host it in the way they want to. So the basic answer is really "they're the same".

You can put your downloaded version on the internet if you want to - it's entirely up to you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events