Companion app opens files as new documents

Natalie Meynink November 21, 2017

The companion app loads a Word document for editing as expected.

However, the document is treated as a new document (i.e.: it is titled Document1 and is treated as never having been saved).

Obviously the companion app is watching the file at the location it downloaded to for any changes, but this link is lost because the document they are editing is treated as new and the user has no knowledge of where it was originally downloaded to.

If we look at the companion.log file to determine where the document was downloaded and:

1. Click "Save As"

2. Paste the path+file from the companion.log file (converting "\\" to "\")

3. Make sure the file types match so the file extension is the same

4. OK

5. Updates as expected

We have encountered this issue on a range of browser/OS combinations, including those listed as supported. I am logging this case on a Windows 7 PC, running Office 2010 and IE 11.

1 answer

0 votes
sattard
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2017

Hey @Natalie Meynink,

Can you confirm if this only happens with Microsoft Word files, or does it occur with other file types?

If you click "Give Feedback" from the menu of the companion app and provide a contact email address on that form I'll be happy to reach out and try sort this out with you.

Cheers,

Samuel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events