Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commenting: How do I disable the Sign up message that anonymous commenters see?

SuchiG November 11, 2013

Hi,
We've set up a little site and disabled anonymous user signup--they only have View rights and Add Comment rights.

Here is the problem. When anonymous users click in the comment box, they get shown a message saying that they can sign up (see attached image). But, of course, when they click the Sign-up link, they get shown a login page and it says that the Admins haven't enabled Public Signup.

I'm not sure what is happening here. We would like to disable the message appearing in the comments box.

-Suchi

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
HosseinA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2013

Hi,

I would like to mention that you can actually customize this message and remove the sign up from in the message by following the steps below.

1- Stop your Confluence.
2- Navigate to <Confluence installation dir>/Confluence/includes/
3- Find *alert-anonymous.vm* and edit it to remove the signup form and you can also provide your own message there.
4- Save the file with the changes
5- Start your Confluene.

SuchiG November 11, 2013

Thank you. That was what I was looking for!

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2013

Suchi, in fact you should disable Add comment rights for Anonymous users. Do you really want anonymous people to comment?

This might be a bug in Confluence in that specific usecase. Which version of confluence are you using?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2013

So remove that permission and that comment button itself won't be visible for anonymous users.

SuchiG November 11, 2013

Er, we do want anonymous people to comment. :)

We don't want them to sign up--because I believe it will use up our licenses.

We're using Confluence 5.3.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events