Comment screen is messed up

Hi All,

We are using Confluence (5.0.1 - Build 4107) along with Zen Foundation (5.2.8). We are experiecing this strange issue in some spaces, the comments editor is messed up (IE 8).

Comment Editor

Could any one knows why it happens in some spaces only?

Thanks in advance,

JitheshG

6 answers

1 accepted

Closing this question, as per the new requirement we dont need comments at all.

1 vote

Hi there!

Do you have layout customizations or custom themes in confluence? If yes, I suggest to set everything back to default (in the test instance preferably).

I hope this helps! If not, maybe you should open a support ticket for atlassian and we can investigate that. :)

Best,

Rodrigo

0 vote

Does this happens to other browsers too? Besides, do you have any customization in-place? Try remove them all and also enable Safe Mode.

In Firefox and Chrome, its not too messy. But the comment editor is too long in these browsers.

Hi All,

Sorry for the difficulties this is causing. The Comment editor layout problem is a known bug, and we're working on a patch for Zen Foundation 5.2.9.

Hi Kathy,

We are using Zen Foundation 5.2.8, is this problem exists in this version? Could you please give me any additional information regarding this defect?

Thanks & Regards,

JitheshG

Hi Jithesh,

Yes, the bug is in Zen Foundation 5.2.8. However, looking at your screenshot, it appears that you are having a separate or additional issue (the known bug is that the comment editor appears too long, but the toolbar still draws properly. The editor tool bar in your image is obviously misaligned.

Would you please open a support a ticket with us? Just email a quick description to support@stepstonetech.com.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,856 views 27 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you