It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Collaborative Editing Doesn't work Completely

Peter Weir May 09, 2017

When collaborative editing is enabled in confluence 6.1.3, editing and publishing work fineeven with multiple people, but clicking on preview shows a warning that you can't talk to the server. clicking publish works fine. 

Also for some reason, with it on, i can't upload attachments, it says that the session has timed out.

Also i had been getting frequent complaints of people having session timeout issues.

Changing it to limited mode seems to fix these issues. Although I can't fully test the session timeout complaint issue until tomorrow.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm not really sure where to take my question to.

I'm running with it disabled, since it fixes lots of problems for me. 

3 answers

0 votes
Jan-Peter Rusch Jun 06, 2017

Hi,

are you using specific browsers? Did you check the network request logging eg. with Firebug when using Firefox. It gives you some hints where the error might come from (Proxy configuration,...)

0 votes
Peter Weir Jun 12, 2017 • edited

I tried with safari, chrome and firefox, with the same results in all places. The responses appeared as though there was no response. I triple checked the proxy config, and it appeared that it was able to talk to both confluence and syncrhony, meaning collaborative editing worked. However, I could not preview something before publishing, and all attachment uploads stopped until i disabled collaborative editing.

0 votes
Beatrix Viedts Jun 13, 2017 • edited

I experience the same problem ... Creating and editing work, but I cant preview before publishing. Also I cant upload attachments for the same reason as Peter.

Latest Confluence version 6.2.2 is installed.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence CVEs and common questions

Two vulnerabilities have been published for Confluence Server and Data Center recently: March 20, 2019 CVE-2019-3395 / CVE-2019-3396 April 17, 2019 CVE-2019-3398 The goal of this article is...

897 views 0 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you