Collaboration with other company inside Confluence or Externals

Deleted user September 27, 2022

Hello Experts,
we have a company, where we may have temporary projects with other companies using Confluence or external users without a Confluence acccount.
How can i (temporarily) create a workspace, where i can include the other company members or External users? They should only have access to the project area.
This account isn´t the company where i am a member.
Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2022

Hi @[deleted] 

It's not clear how you currently work within the confluence. You have anonymous access enabled? If not, do you share specific pages with the external users?

By confluence workspace, you mean space?

If you create a space, you can use space permissions to grant access (and more) to confluence users (who have valid access). You can furthermore grant anonymous access to that specific page (anyone on the internet can access it). There is no intermediate state. You can't invite people from other company, if you don't grant them application access, or use the anonymous access.

Deleted user September 27, 2022

Hello Alex, thanks for your comment. I am currently not using it regulary, but we have a project. Let´s say we have 4 politiacal parties in pairlament and each has it´s own private room. After election, 2 parties are building a coalition. They may work together on some projects eg. laws. Sometimes there maybe a declaration signed by all parties and all may work together on it. So the question was, how can separated parties / companies have a common space?
"If you create a space, you can use space permissions to grant access" means, i can create a space (German: Bereich) in my confluence, where we can collaborate, but hey won´t have access to the rest of my confluence?
So party A would offer a seperate space A-AB for cooperation with party B (or other way round).
Thanks

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2022

On your confluence site you can create as many spaces as you want. And for all of your confluence licensed users, you can set WHO can actually see any of these spaces. Read here: https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/assign-space-permissions/

So, you can create a space (Bereich) on your instance and you can grant permissions to the users (licensed) you want. This means that users from BOTH parties, must have a confluence license. The best practice would be to create groups and assign to these groups permissions to access this specific space.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events