Code macro doesn't support ruby

Deleted user July 16, 2012

Am I missing something obvious? Just upgraded from Confluence 3.4 to 3.5.16.

The release notes show a picture of the code macro with ruby support. There's nothing in the upgrade notes that say you have to configure something differently.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+3.5+Release+Notes#Confluence35ReleaseNotes-EnhancedCodeMacro

But when we use {code:language=ruby} it fails with an error. I downloaded the SyntaxHighlighting plugin to get it working for ruby, but the release notes imply it's built in. I don't think I should have had to get a third party plugin to get it working.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2012

Maybe you have an old version of code plugin installed. Search through your plugins for "code" and ensure only "Code Macro Plugin 1.9.10" is installed. Disable or uninstall anything else.

Ruby certainly works out of the box on our version of 3.5.16, but I vaguely recall having to get rid of the old "New Code" macro when we moved to 3.5.

Hmm. Code Macro Plugin 1.9.10 is installed and "newcode" was already disabled.

I'm marking your answer as correct because you're probably right ... it's probably something else interefering with it. Not losing sleep over it, because I did get it working by installing that separate plugin anyway.

Sorry, forgot to say thank you for responding so quickly. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events